Monday, June 15, 2009

David Carradine’s Death

I want to preface this by saying that I have never met David Carradine. I never garnered an autograph, never contacted a fan club, and had no connection that I know about to his family. But I was a fan, and I care about the lives of others. His loss is felt, because I looked forward to seeing him in more stuff. And for 73, Carradine looked better than I thought possible.

When I first read the news about the death, that he was found naked in a closet with a rope around his neck, I started thinking about conspiracies and all kinds of other things. Knowing what I do about David Carradine, I knew that he had a lot left to live for, and that the timing of his death was about as bad as it gets (not that there’s a good time to die, but that it had the effect of maximum damage). I dismissed it all as paranoia, because people who commit suicide do so for a wide variety of reasons.

A week later, I’m now reading a different story: one which calls the suicide into question. This is about what I was thinking a week ago! That it’s confirmed by a forensics expert on the scene means that what I dismissed as paranoia might have been closer to the mark than the news story.

I’m suspecting that criminal ties to someone financially (or possibly) involved in the project might be responsible. Let’s see if my suspicions are confirmed.

No comments: